My intention is to grab one of the stunning (and event only) Death Korps Commissar on horseback
I'm not sure what he will be used as on the tabletop, my first thoughts are the following
- Another Lord Commissar (he'll be a bit large and can't really be used as cavalry - maybe a note saying his horse never gallops - ever lol)
- A rough rider sergeant - it fits right in with my "excessive commissar presence" theme which my army follows and i will eventually be buying the dkok rough riders giving me a squad of 6 for 80points of battlefield fast attack.
- A special character for friendly or apocalypse games - basically a Lord Commissar with cavalry as his unit type - maybe he could issue an order or something.
- John has offered me his Forgeworld Double Scythed Hive Tyrant, so expect to see him pop up at Hive Splinter Borlin
- Tanks!! - finally, the lucky 88th armoured division will get their tracks attached, and some serious paintwork to bring them into line with the infantry. expect to see some learning curves with forgeworld weathering powders - if I'm that brave.
- Infantry - after fielding some (larger than 500 point) forces, I've remembered how much of my army isn't actually finished, and i've noticed my command squads - my pride and joy, are actually put to shame by some of the mere infantry. the conscripts and infantry squads look much better with their washes opposed to the regimental command and platoon commanders who were inked, so these are next on my list for re-painting...
- A small tourney-esque day at DDWG - 4 games of 500 point Combat Patrol. So i'll probably just re-use my Calneage List, but will put more thought to this over the next week.
Inspired by the great Admiral Drax, I decided to do a bit of work on the title for the blog, and will probably come up with some nifty things to add in - any sugestions welcome.