Kingdom Death: Great Game Huntress Pin-up (Pinups of Death)
I've actually managed to put brush to paint to model this week.
Whilst waiting for Kingdom Death:Monster to arrive, I couldn't help notice a restock in the KD store of the resin Super Savior. A model I'm fond of, I took the opportunity to grab this model and the Kingdom Death: Pinups of Death boxed set. More on this set to come.
I wanted to put one together, but I didn't want to have to make any decisions on any optional parts, so I've started with the pin-ups that can only go together one way. :)
This is the Great Game Huntress Pin-up. She comes with a little human slave ornament thingy holding her crossbow, I've left him/her seperate for painting.
I started by spraying with the ever ubiquitous GW black spray. And dry brushing a light grey over the whole model to show off the details.
Next will be a few choice spots of flesh wash to darken the shadows and a highlight of the pallid flesh to lighten up a few shiny bits like cheeks and stomach, possibly with a dab of pure white if I want her to look shiny. I'll see when I get there.
I will have to consider what kind of shadowing and light sources I want to represent on this model too. It's all experimental really but if I take my time there's no reason this couldn't be one of my best models to date, with each pinup a stepping stone to raise my painting skills. These are certainly the best models I've ever seen in plastic.
Thinking of colour schemes is difficult, I was considering maybe going for a Harley-Quinn thing with black red and white, but I actually like the original art from KD
the white and red make her look rich and royal, nothing like the lowly survivors. I may have to learn to paint a good silver though!!
The main culprit of my lack of painting hobby time, is this gem!
My Battle Systems Kickstarter arrived! It's so cool! A 2'x2' square of multi level terrain with obstacles and furniture.
This is how it looked after I started to question the playability of my first design, it was demolished soon after and I've been redesigning it since.
I have to say it required some patience to assemble the first time. It prompted me to buy a cutting mat and lots of new blades. Slots need adjusting, the odd component needs help when pressing out of its sheet, but apart from that, it's so intuitive, some components don't even tell you what they're for, but as you build it you see obvious uses for them. I think I must have said "aaaahh that's what these are for!!" More than anything else last weekend.
My biggest regret is that I didn't buy more, so I'll be keeping my eye out for any kits that go on sale in the future.
Hoping I'll get some hobby time this Bank Holiday weekend (between the drinking...)